Thursday, June 16, 2011

Book Review: "Confession of Faith in a Mennonite Perspective"

Confession of Faith (in a Mennonite Perspective) (1995) by Herald Press  I had to read this 92 page confession of faith in order to complete my application to Swamp Mennonite Church, however, as I read it I became increasingly glad that I had to do so.  There is something refreshing in the emphasis upon Jesus' teachings on wholeness and reconciliation that permeates this confession of faith.  At times I think the Mennonite Church lacks an emphasis on certain areas of the Christian Life, such as evangelism and discipleship, however this confession has a good balance between these tenets of the Christian faith as well as the need for social action and right relationships with the church as well as the world.  I would recommend that anyone read this to gain a different perspective on the Bible, the life of the Church, and the mission of every believer.

No comments:

Post a Comment