Monday, March 15, 2010

If Anyone is Ashamed of Me, The Son of Man Will Be Ashamed of Him

To have this heart for Christ:

"The communists convened a congress of all Christian bodies in our parliament building. There were four thousand priests, pastors, and ministers of all denominations. These four thousand priests and pastors chose Joseph Stalin as honorary president of this congress. At the same time he was president of the World Movement of the Godless and a mass murderer of Christians. One after another bishops and pastors arose in our parliament building and declared that communism and Christianity are fundamentally the same and could coexist. One minister after another said words of praise toward communism and assured the new government of the loyalty of the Church.
"My wife and I were present at this congress. My wife sat near me and told me, 'Richard, stand up and wash away this shame from the face of Christ! They are spitting in His face.' I said to my wife, 'If I do so, you lose your husband.' She said, 'I don't wish to have a coward as a husband.'
- Tortured For Christ

How many times have I sat in the classroom affirming views that are not inline with the gospel because I "did not want to hurt my witness by seeming close-minded"? Lord Jesus, give me a repentant heart from these things.

No comments:

Post a Comment