Monday, March 29, 2010

This Week

So, I will not normally make posts like this, but today it seemed appropriate. This week will be an interesting one, I have a Psych of Learning test on Tuesday which I have to read two chapters for because I missed two of the classes. I also have to read at least 9 journal articles on Symbolic Interactionism and analyze them to use them as research for my 13 page Senior Seminar paper.

Thus, this will be a busy week full of mind stressing and mind numbing work that will probably result in boring blog posts having to do more with random thoughts about the blunderings of humanity than thought out tidbits on the all powerful, omniscient, omnipresent, creator, sustainer, and redeemer of mankind.

So in looking out at this week I wanted to share some verses that I will be focusing on, and basically it turned into the whole book of Colossians, so here's the highlights:
"He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins...He is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in EVERYTHING he might have the supremacy...So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to LIVE IN HIM, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness...When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins...Since you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died and your life is now hidden with Christ in God...And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him...Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men...It is the Lord Christ you are serving...Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful...'See to it that you complete the work you have received in the Lord' "

I know that was long, but I pray that that walk through Colossians encourages you. Here's how it will impact my week. I am to remember that I am bought with a price and therefore whatever I do is an extension of the work of my Master. Christ should be the beginning, middle, and end of everything that I do, and those things should never take my focus from Christ, but rather, as I see that this is the work given me by God focusing on Christ will give me the desire and strength to do the work and doing the work will focus me on Christ. In all of these things I should be devoted to prayer, thanking God for all his provisions, and always acting and interacting based on the love that has been poured out upon me.

May you walk forward in the Gospel, taking each step aware of Christ's work on the cross, that it is finished and your debt is paid in full, learning what it means to do the things in the world for the glory of One in another. May you not grow weary in doing good, but persevere, always thanking God for the strength and opportunities that He had given to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment