Monday, January 3, 2011

Book Review: "A New Kind of Christian" by Brian McLaren

A New Kind of Christian (2001) by Brian McLaren  I have heard a lot of bad things about this book, which caused me to be extremely surprised to find that I actually agree with him on many counts.  There are a lot of problems that I have with Christianity as we know it, and what we've come to make our Christian culture, and he addresses many of these things in this book.  There are some things that I definitely disagree with, and I have heard that since this time Brian has gone on to universalism and some other theological intricacies that I would disagree with, but I would strongly recommend this book to anyone who struggles to separate Christianity from the culture we find ourselves in and wonders how to reach out to a culture that is rapidly changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment